Work for Altaira and want to win $100? Enter our #altairachallenge NOW!August 21, 2021
Leading Staffing Solutions Provider launches new Allied Health and Wellness Centre to Align with Aged Care Industry NeedsSeptember 13, 2021
WOMEN’S HEALTH WEEK 2021 | 6-10 SEPTEMBER
Our health should be of high priority to us but too often “life happens” and we find ourselves busy with other things. You can’t fill from an empty cup so it’s very important that we look after ourselves not only physically, but also mentally.
In celebration of Women’s Health Week we sat down with our director Jelena who is a busy mum to two beautiful girls while running a business. As females we have the tendency to nurture everyone and forget about ourselves but Jelena knows how important it is to stay on top of her health. She shared some tips with us on how she stays healthy for her family and herself:
- Take time out to breathe, exercise or even go for a walk. Your body is your temple. Finding time for yourself can be tricky, but even if it is for just 30 minutes a day, you will feel the benefits instantly.
- Sleep is your friend! Sleeping 8 hours a day gives your body the ability to regenerate and rest and is a big key in how you feel physically and mentally.
- Take time to laugh and hug the people you care about.
- Try and enjoy the sunny days and soak up the rays – of course while still being sun smart!😊
- Most importantly, don’t be afraid or delay to go for a check-up at your doctor. Putting an appointment off might seem like a great idea in the short term because we lead such busy lives, but we never hear stories about how people wish they didn’t go to the doctor, and more often hear people say “I wish I went sooner, maybe then they would have caught it sooner”.
Look after yourselves ladies and support one another to do the same! You’ve only got one body so make sure you treat it well 😊